Monday, July 30, 2007

EAOP Director Interviewed on ACT Radio

Last April, I had the opportunity to do a twenty-minute-plus radio interview for ACT Radio, a bi-monthly half-hour program on KTEP--the NPR station in El Paso, Texas. It was broadcast as their Earth Day edition on April 22, 2007.

ACT Radio, or Animal Concerns of Texas, is broadcast by co-hosts Greg Lawson, Steve Best, and Elizabeth Walsh. Every other Sunday evening at 7:30, these radio activists offer a unique radio program in Texas that focuses on animals rights, human health, and related issues such as vegetarianism and the environment. I was very pleased when Steve Best called the EAOP office and asked if he and Greg could interview me on activist training in general and the Environmental Advocacy and Organizing Program at Antioch University New England in Keene, New Hampshire, in particular.

Well, I have now received the permission of KTEP's general manager to offer this Earth Day edition of ACT Radio as a downloadable audio file through Real Player to all of you. (If you don't have Real Player, you can download it for free right here.) My interview starts about 7 minutes into the program. You can jump to that if you like, but you might want to listen to the interesting news and commentary at the top of the show.

Once the program turns to my interview, I get to tell about my own journey to activism, the growth of my concern for environmental issues, two of the key educational inspirations behind the Environmental Advocacy and Organizing Program, some key elements of the EAOP curriculum, and the importance of increasing the number and quality of activist training programs within institutions of higher learning. I hope you enjoy the interview. I know I enjoyed doing it. Steve and Greg were great interviewers.

2 Comments:

At 12:55 AM, Blogger james said...

hi steve
the link to your interview isn't working. we'd love to include this in our next newsletter (in a couple of weeks)
James W (change agency)

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger STEVE CHASE said...

Dear James,

I'm sorry for the missing link. I'm working on getting an mp3 of the interview that we can put on the EAOP website page. I'll let you know when I've got that together.

Thanks for your interest!

Best,
Steve

 

Post a Comment

<< Home